Raise your hand if you love crafting! The new Cricut Joy is the perfect companion to quickly and easily personalize anything with one cut and one color, in 15 minutes or less. It is fun, functional, and simple to use. Practical, everyday projects have never been more accessible or easier!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cricut. All opinions are 100% mine.
All opinions are 100% mine.
This post contains affiliate links.
Ew, David Coffee Mug and 3 Simple Projects You Can Make with Cricut Joy
Why do I need Cricut Joy if I already have a Cricut machine?
If you already have a Cricut Maker or Cricut Air 2, the Cricut Joy opens additional creative possibilities with unique features and is the perfect companion for quick, mat-free projects and long cuts.
We LOVE how compact & portable Cricut Joy is. Cricut Joy is Cricut’s smallest smart cutting machine ever and weighs less than 4 lbs.! It fits in a cubby or looks great on a counter. Cricut Joy packs away easily and sets up instantly, making it super easy to move from room to room.
Not having to transport a mat—combined with the smaller material size—makes the whole system compact and portable. You can even take the Cricut Joy with you on vacation to make fun personalized items for your girls’ get-away weekend! No craft room required.
New Cricut Joy Exclusive Products
With the Cricut Joy, mats are optional! Cricut Joy has a full suite of brand-new materials that do not require a mat, which means you have less to buy and store, fewer steps to create a project you love.
New Smart vinyl comes in extended sizes, so you can cut shapes up to 4 feet long or repeated cuts up to 20’ long, with no need to switch out multiple mats. Everyday crafting has never been easier!
A full suite of Cricut Joy-compatible pens with a variety of pen types and line weights draw and write in a variety of styles for whatever your crafty heart desires.
Ew, David Coffee Mug
- Create your art file in Cricut Design Space. The “Ew, David” file I created is available for download.
- Apply your Cricut Smart Vinyl to the Cricut Cutting Mat. Load the mat into the Cricut Joy.
- Follow the directions in the Cricut Design Space to cut the file.
- Remove negative Cricut vinyl pieces, leaving only the desired cut image on the liner (this process is known as weeding). Using the weeder (found in the Cricut Joy Tool Kit can make this process faster and less tedious). Personally, I love the Cricut BrightPad to make this process even easier.
- Apply Cricut Smart Vinyl following directions on the packaging with Cricut Transfer Tape.
- Gently place the Cricut Transfer Tape (adhesive side down) over your cut design, starting in the center and moving out toward the edges. Use the Scraper found in the Cricut Joy Tool Set to burnish (rub or polish) the Cricut Transfer Tape onto the vinyl. Peel the vinyl away from the liner at a 45-degree angle.
- To apply the vinyl decal to the mug, make sure your mug surface is clean and dry. Carefully place the Cricut Transfer Tape with vinyl decal onto the mug as you would like it to appear. Burnish the Cricut Transfer Tape onto the surface, starting in the center, moving out toward the edges. Use the Scraper tool to smooth.
- Peel the Cricut Transfer Tape away from the vinyl at a 45-degree angle. If the vinyl sticks to the Cricut Transfer Tape, simply burnish the Cricut Transfer Tape onto the vinyl with the Scraper and peel away again.
Simple Projects You Can Make with Cricut Joy
So this mug—or any mug with a quick phrase—should only take you about 15 minutes to complete with your Cricut Joy.
From custom vinyl decals for your journal or water bottle, to labels for your kitchen or office, the ideas are endless and so quick with the new Cricut Joy.
Here are a few more project ideas that will take you just a few minutes to complete!
- Decorate a water bottle with a cute animal or saying
- Label canisters in your kitchen pantry
- Create custom bathroom cups for your kids
- Make a small quote for a frame for your office
- Decorate a journal cover with a favorite quote
Learn more about Cricut Joy at Cricut.com. Cricut Joy will is available online and in-store.