After GoEuro.com released a popular article last year detailing the filming locations for HBO’s hit show Game of Thrones, the travel search engine decided to keep track of the filming locations and release a similar infographic to celebrate season five. There were two main reasons behind their thinking;
1) The majority of the show’s stunning backdrops are bookable via their search engine
2) GoEuro.com saw an increase through their booking site for the locations in which filming takes place. For instance, tickets to Dubrovnik in Croatia, used as King's Landing and located close to Lokrum, another shooting site, increased between 8-16% dependent on the travel mode. Moreover tickets for flights to the island of Malta rose by 26% whilst journeys to Belfast, the closest major city for scenes shot in Winterfell, increased by 5–11% for various travel modes.
From these findings GoEuro.com felt the info was not only received well by fans, but also useful as advertising for the locations themselves. With this in mind they present the Real World Travel Guide to Game of Thrones, updated for Season 5!
This year’s infographic includes new information on the filming location of Spain, a country previously unvisited by the production crew.
The full Game of Thrones article can be found here
- Disney Merriest Nites - September 15, 2021
- Disneyland Halloween Treats You Can Mobile Order - September 14, 2021
- INTERVIEW with Angela Santomero and Traci Paige Johnson of Blue's Clues - September 14, 2021