Last week I was sick and nothing seemed to make me feel even remotely better. I had a friend suggest I skip the meds and everything else and go straight for a hot toddy, so that's what I did. Here's the recipe I used, based on a classic bartender's recipe for a hot toddy. Surprisingly, I actually felt much better after one hot toddy than I had in a week. The miracle of tea and whiskey.
Hot Toddy Drink Recipe
- 2 tbsps. honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 oz. whiskey (I used Maker's Mark)
- 8 oz. hot water
- 1 tea bag, I used Early Gray
- Warm the honey in the microwave for a few seconds. Coat the inside of your mug (tea mug or Irish coffee mug will do) with the warmed honey.
- Add the lemon juice and whiskey. Place the tea bag in the mug.
- Heat the water in a microwaveable vessel for 2 minutes.
- Pour the hot water water over the tea bag and steep tea as long as you prefer.
- Remove tea bag and enjoy.