Thanks to One2One Network for sponsoring this post. This post contains affiliate links, meaning that when you click on a link that we recommend, we may receive a commission if you purchase a product.
Do you love Disney? We love Disney, and Jazz Loves Disney! This latest compilation album from Disney Music will have you tapping your toes, playing air trombone, and reminiscing about the good ol' days.
Disney Music has spanned the generations in my life. I can remember singing Disney songs in the car with my parents on road trips (I sang all the time, so did my dad and sister). We always saw new Disney movies when they came out in the theatre and always got the soundtrack, too. The first one I got on CD was The Little Mermaid for my 14th birthday. We sing Disney songs all the time in our house, now, too. My kids love to belt out Disney tunes.
We all have a Walt Disney cartoon tune or melody in mind, reminding us of magic afternoons spent with our parents when we were kids or with our own children now that we are grown-ups. It is a bit of this special feeling and pleasure that artists such as Gregory Porter, Melody Gardot, Stacey Kent, Jamie Cullum and other leading music stars share with us on the new project produced by Jay Newland and arranged and directed by Rob Mounsey, as they perform big band jazz covers of songs that are part of every kids heritage.
“I’ve always loved Disney films and Disney music. There’s magic about the fairytale world they conjure up. The song I chose from Cinderella captures that feeling of magical wonderment that I felt as a child.”
The song BIBBIDI BOBBIDI BOO, speaks to the child in us all, that still believes – or would like to believe – that we can do magic. As we grow up, we are at the risk of losing that sense of possibility but music has always had the power to transform the world and make it a better place; If that’s not magic, what is?”
The Jazz Loves Disney! album is a great jazz compilation of some of our favorite Disney tunes.
- Everybody Wants To Be A Cat by Jamie Cullum
- He's A Tramp by Melody Gardot
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo (French Version) by Stacey Kent
- When You Wish Upon A Star by Gregory Porter
- Why Don't You Do Right by China Moses
- I Wanna Be Like You by Raphael Gualazzi
- A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes by The Rob Mounsey Orchestra
- You've Got A Friend In Me by Hugh Coltman
- Let It Go by Anne Sila
- The Bare Necessities by Melody Gardot and Raphael Gualazzi
- Once Upon A Dream by Laika
- Un jour mon prince viendra by Nikki Yanofsky
- I Wanna Be Like You by The Hot Sardines