We love a TV series that features great motivational and inspirational quotes. To celebrate the home release of “Star Trek Prodigy” Season 1 Ep. 11-20, we created this fun Lighted Canvas Art.
Lighted Canvas Art
Lighted Canvas Art Supplies
- Blank art canvas
- Black Sharpie
- Acrylic paints (3 or 4 colors)
- Spray bottle
- LED lights, battery-operated
- Ballpoint pen (to punch holes in canvas)
- Cotton swabs
Lighted Canvas Art Directions
- Choose your quote and stencil it onto the blank art canvas using a pencil.
- Trace over the pencil with a Sharpie/black permanent marker.
- Decide where you want the lights to be and gently push the tip of a ballpoint pen into the canvas to make a hole for the LED light bulb. Make holes to correspond with the number of lights on your strand.
- Fill a small spray bottle with a few drops of paint and some water.
- Shake gently and spray on canvas. Spray does not need to be even. The goal is to create a textured/varied background of colors.
- If you have any heavy drops of paint on your lettering, use a cotton swap to wipe the paint off the lettering.
- Let the sprayed paint dry (you can use a hair dryer on a low setting to speed up the process).
- Rinse out the paint from the spray bottle.
- Repeat steps 4 through 8 with the remaining 2 or 3 paint colors.
- Once the art has dried, gently push the LED bulbs through the pre-punched holes.
- Turn on the lights and enjoy your art.
This work was contracted prior to the SAG-AFTRA strike. Without the labor of the writers and actors currently on strike, the movie being covered here wouldn’t exist.
- INTERVIEW Ming-Na Wen Talks Animation for Pencils vs. Pixels - November 23, 2023
- INTERVIEW: Bay Dariz and Phil Earnest Talk Pencils vs Pixels - November 1, 2023
- REVIEW: Pain Hustlers on Netflix - October 28, 2023