Let's celebrate National Popcorn Day with Maleficent Popcorn and Maleficent Mistress of Evil with Bonus Features.
The thrilling sequel to 2014's Maleficent includes brand-new bonus features, extended scenes, outtakes, and an exclusive extra for Digital consumers. Disney's most iconic villain Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, starring Angelina Jolie, Elle Fanning, and Michelle Pfeiffer, arrives on Digital and Movies Anywhere December 31 and 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD January 14, 2020.
Thanks to Disney for sending up a fun Maleficent popcorn kit and a copy of the new movie. As always, all opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links.
Maleficent Mistress of Evil with Bonus Features
Popcorn is a must for movie nights. We made Maleficent-inspired Popcorn with the Peak Popcorn Popper and Urban Accents Movie Night Popcorn Set. Making popcorn in the microwave with kernels, the special bowl, and then seasoning it was so quick and easy. Virtually no cleanup and freshly popped popcorn in just 3 minutes! We used the Kettle Corn flavor on ours, as it's sweet and salty, just like Maleficent can be.
It's so easy!
- 3-6 tbsp. unpopped popcorn kernels
- butter, melted (optional)
- Peak Popcorn Popper
- Urban Accents Popcorn flavor, to taste
- Add uncooked kernels to popcorn popper and cover with lid. Heat in microwave for 2-4 minutes, until rapid popping stops.
- Cool for a minute before removing lid as it will be hot from the air inside
- Drizzle butter over top, to taste.
- Sprinkle flavor over top, to taste.
About Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
Directed by Joachim Rønning, Maleficent: Mistress of Evil carries on the story of Disney's most iconic villain. The years have been kind to Maleficent and Aurora. Their relationship, born of heartbreak, revenge and ultimately love, has flourished. Yet hatred between man and the fairies still exists. Aurora's impending marriage to Prince Philip is cause for celebration as the wedding serves to unite the Kingdom of Ulstead and the neighboring Moors. But, when an unexpected encounter introduces a powerful new alliance, Maleficent and Aurora are pulled apart to opposing sides in a Great War, testing their loyalties and causing them to question whether they can truly be a family.
If you love the bonus features as much as we do, there are plenty for you here! Bonus features include*:
- Lickspittle – Fantasy-film veteran Warwick Davis considers how every aspect of the film's design inspired his tragic character.
- Extended Scenes
- The Queen Comforts Aurora – Queen Ingrith takes advantage of Aurora’s fragile state to gain her confidence and accelerate the wedding plans.
- Philip and Aurora Dance – Aurora struggles to gain Queen Ingrith’s approval when she realizes how she is viewed among the aristocracy.
- Origins of the Fey – Angelina Jolie discusses Maleficent’s lore, her newly discovered origins, and the diversity of the cast who portray the Fey.
- Aurora’s Wedding – Elle Fanning gushes over Aurora’s fairytale wedding; plus, hear from some special guests as they give their best to the bride and groom.
- If You Had Wings – Get a glimpse of the elaborate visual effects that allow the Fey to take to the skies.
- Maleficent: Mistress of Evil VFX Reel – Discover how a perfect blend of practical and visual effects were used to create the stunning landscapes in Maleficent: Mistress of Evil.
- Outtakes – Uncooperative cats, a serious case of the giggles and even the “floss dance” found their way into Ulstead.
- Extended Scenes
- “You Can’t Stop The Girl” – Music video performed by Bebe Rexha
*Bonus features may vary by retailer
How will you celebrate National Popcorn Day?