When I was a kid, StarKist Charlie was a bit of an icon. In fact, I can remember having a small stuffed StarKist Charlie that my mom bought us. It was one of those deals where you saved up a few UPC codes or labels and mailed in a few dollars for shipping and handling and 8 or so weeks later after stalking the mail, your package arrived and inside was your treasured StarKist Charlie icon stuffed toy.
I was so excited when StarKist and The Motherhood asked me to have a sponsored conversation with them at BlogHer 2017 and get to know more about one of their newer products. StarKist offers Tuna and Salmon Pouches in 21 varieties, including 13 seasoned Tuna and Salmon Creations, Tuna and Salmon in water or oil, as well as low sodium options.
The Tear and Go flavored Tuna & Salmon Creations pouches are delish and are an easy and nutritious meal solution, especially for a busy family like ours. Each pouch contains at least 13 grams of lean protein and is 100 calories or less per pouch, making them a great fuel source for our busy, active kids. As a mompreneur, I love how easy it is to make an easy recipe with them; my kids love eating them right out of the pouch as they come, which is easy to do anywhere since they don't require a can opener or any draining. Whether you want to add the tuna or salmon to a salad, meal, or snack, or grab eat it straight from the pouch, you can just tear, eat, and go.
This week I made salmon cakes with the Mango Chipolte Salmon Creations. The seasoned Salmon Creations was so easy to work with and the pre-seasoned, pre-cooked salmon doesn't get much easier.
Mango Chipotle Salmon Cakes
- 4 Mango Chipolte Salmon Creations pouches
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 3 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- In a medium bowl, salmon, eggs, bread crumbs, Old Bay Seasoning, and red bell pepper together.
- Using hands, make small patties with the salmon mix. Makes 8 to 10 patties depending on size.
- In a medium saucepan, heat about 1 to 1 1/2 tbsp. of grapeseed oil. Place four patties in oil. Saute on each side for about 3–4 minutes on each side, until brown. Remove from pan and place on paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- Cook remaining salmon patties following step 3.
Latest posts by Jana (see all)
- SONIC THE HEDGEHOG on Blu-Ray May 19 - May 19, 2020
- Star Wars Recipes - May 4, 2020
- Using the Pandemic as an Opportunity for Self-Improvement - May 4, 2020