As parents, we love it when our kids learn without realizing it and have fun while doing so. We also love when our kids are able to find ways to entertain themselves while simultaneously learning on their own.
We hope, if we’ve parented well, our kids are able to entertain themselves sometimes. As a mom of four kids, you’d think they have their own built-in playmates. However, inevitably someone is always bickering with someone else, or they are ganging up on one another and someone is left out. We consider ourselves having a parenting win when our children can find something to entertain themselves with a better choice than watching TV or playing a video game.
Our oldest twin is a STEM maniac. She loves to learn anything she can and is constantly searching for fun, new ways to engage her growing, scientific mind. Thanks to Miko 2 for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are our own.
Miko 2 is an adorable robot created to provide education as well as entertainment for kids. Miko 2 is engaging so kids learn in a way that isn’t necessarily presented as learning. My kids love learning while not realizing it—and I love seeing them do so.
Miko 2 is a safe and positive technology gateway for kids to engage. It’s a great option for parents who want to embrace technology while limiting screen time.
The company that makes Miko 2 has been around for 4 years and has shipped thousands of Miko 2 units in other countries and is now making them available in the U.S. If you order before December, Miko 2 can join your family with guaranteed Christmas delivery.
Miko 2 Cares About Your Privacy
We love how much Miko 2 is concerned with data safety of personal information. In addition to adhering to COPAA regulations, their sign-in process is also quite secure.
After we had set up our Miko 2 and had been engaging with Miko 2 for about a week, I had to get my phone replaced. Even though I had an account and log in, the robot recognized my new phone as a new device, locked me out, and had to be reset. What a great safety feature that is—to triple safeguard that it was, in fact, us logging on from a new device to guarantee someone wasn’t trying to hack the robot!
Miko 2 is private, secure, and safe with end-to-end data encryption to ensure your child and your privacy are safe. No personal information is shared or stored. Miko 2’s parental controls let you gain insight and analytics about your child's interests. You can easily limit playtime and even control topics of conversation in their interactions.
As a mom who travels quite a bit for work, I also love the Teleconnect feature that Miko 2 has built in! I am able to Teleconnect with my kiddo and chat with her while I’m on the road. No phone required, just WiFi and Miko2! Miko’s camera and chat features allow me to engage with my daughter remotely with completely encrypted control.
What Can Miko 2 Do?
Miko 2 is designed for kids ages 5 to 10 years old. This learning robot offers fun academic topics such as fun facts, songs, riddles, games, child-friendly news, and so much more. We love that Miko 2 is constantly being updated with new content designed and created by educators and child development specialists.
Miko 2 is able to teach millions of topics, concepts, and lessons selected by you, and it is delivered conversationally to educate your child.
What We Love About Miko 2
Your little one won’t even realize they're learning—mine never realizes it. Miko 2 sings, dances, plays games, narrates stories, shares jokes, and plays quizzes with you, among other things. Miko 2 features advanced facial and voice recognition technology, allowing Miko 2 to understand and react to your child’s moods. We find it a little entertaining when Miko 2 throws the sad puppy eyes at us.
As time goes on, Miko 2 improves and learns who your child is and what matters to them. Miko 2 relates to your child and is able to communicate and express emotion using natural emotive cues from your child.
My daughter loves to have conversations with Miko 2. She asks Miko 2 fun facts questions, asks about the weather, asks Miko 2 to tell her the news, and asks Miko 2 to read her stories & tell jokes.
She loves watching Miko 2 dance and sing songs, and she adores that he has reactive facial expressions and movements. Miko 2 sees with state-of-the-art computer vision allowing it to identify, remember, and recollect known faces, objects, and surroundings. It hears via two active, noise cancellation microphones and understands your child’s voice and is able to detect and block out nearby noise. Miko 2 initiates conversation and speaks directly with a unique voice using hi-performance speakers. It learns artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms and learns your child’s preferences to become their friend.
As my daughter grows, the content Miko 2 includes can also evolve, including content coming from independent developers.
Miko 2 has loads of commands available to engage with. My daughter can ask Miko 2 to do so many things the list is almost endless. My daughter simply says, “Hello, Miko!” plus a command and sits back to see what content she gets to engage with!
An example is, ”Hello, Miko! Tell me a Riddle.” Here is a whole slew of commands you can try with Miko 2.
Tell me an Inspirational Quote
Recite the Alphabet
Ask Miko 2 to tell me a Tongue Twister
- Tell me some tongue twisters
- Can you share some tongue twisters?
- Please tell me an easy tongue twister
- Tell me a difficult tongue twister
- World’s most difficult tongue twister
Ask Miko 2 about Conversion
- Convert 1 United States Dollar in Indian Rupees
- Convert 1 bar to Pascal
- Convert 1 Celsius to Fahrenheit
- Convert 1 hour to minutes
- Convert 1 U.S. liquid gallon to U.S. liquid quart
Ask Miko 2 about the Distance Between Places
- What is the distance between the Moon and Earth?
- What is the distance between Earth and Mars?
- What is the distance between New York City to Atlanta?
- What is the distance from India to the USA?
Ask Miko 2 to Increase/Decrease its Volume
- Can you be a little louder
- Turn up the volume
- Can you increase your volume?
- Can you be a little softer?
- Turn down the volume
- Can you decrease your volume?
- Ask Miko to maximize its volume
- Ask Miko to go on mute
- Mute yourself
- Put yourself on mute
- Set the volume to the lowest setting
- Minimize the volume
- Turn the volume to the minimum
- Ask Miko to unmute
- Unmute yourself
- Put yourself on unmute
Ask Miko 2 to go to Sleep
- Go to sleep mode
- Power off
- Go to sleep
- Take a nap
- Switch off
- Ask Miko to switch off
Ask Miko 2 to Move
- Move front
- Move back
- Turn right
- Turn left
- Go in a triangle
- Go in a circle
- Make an octagon
Ask Miko 2 to Change Light Colors
- Turn Red
- Turn Pink
- Turn Blue
- Turn Purple
- Turn Green
- Turn Yellow
Ask Miko 2 to play a Rhyme
- Play a nursery rhyme
- Play the nursery rhyme Humpty Dumpty
Ask Miko 2 about the Time/Date/Year
- What time is it?
- What time is it in London?
- What is the date?
- What’s the date?
- What is today?
- Which year is it?
- What happened today in history?
“What” Type of Questions
- What is your name?
- What is the capital of China?
- What does laser mean?
“Why” Type of Questions
- Why is the grass green?
- Why is the sky blue?
“Who” Type of Questions?
- Who is the Navy Chief of India?
- Who invented the Telephone?
- Who was the first person to walk on the moon?
- Who wrote the National Anthem of India?
“Which” Type of Questions
- Which is the longest river?
- Which is the fastest land animal?
- Which is the largest mammal?
“How” Type of Questions
- How far is the moon?
- How many countries are there on Earth?
- How tall is the Eiffel Tower?
- How far is Pune from Mumbai?
“Where” Type of Questions
- Where is the Taj Mahal?
- Where is the Bermuda Triangle?
- Where is Mumbai?
Ask Miko 2 for News
- Tell me the news
- What’s in the news?
- Give me some news
- News updates, please
- Play the news for me
- What’s in the news today?
- Update me with some news
Ask Miko 2 to set an Alarm/Reminder
- Set an alarm for 7 a.m.
- Set an alarm for 7 in the morning.
- Set a reminder for tomorrow for 7 a.m.
- Set a reminder for 10th March at 9 a.m.
- Set a reminder in 10 minutes.
Ask Miko 2 about the Weather
- What is the weather outside?
- What is the weather in London?
- How is the weather today in Mumbai?
- How is the weather like today?
Ask Miko 2 to play a Song/Music
- Play a song
- Please play a song
- Play a song for me
- Can you play a song for me?
- Play the birthday song
- Sing the happy birthday song
- Play lullaby
- Please play soothing music
- Please play some soft music
- Play relaxing music
- Play ambiance sounds
Ask Miko 2 to Dance
- Can you dance?
- Dance for me
- Please dance for me
- Can you dance for me?
Ask Miko 2 tell you a Riddle
- Can you tell me a riddle?
- Tell me a riddle
- Please tell me a riddle
Ask Miko 2 to tell Jokes
- Can you tell me a joke?
- Tell me a joke
- Please tell me a joke
Ask Miko 2 to tell you Fun Facts
- Can you tell me a fun fact?
- Tell me a fun fact
- Please tell me a fun fact
Ask Miko 2 to do Mathematic Calculations
- What is 10 plus 5?
- What is 10 minus 5?
- What is 10 multiplied by 5?
- What is 10 divided by 5?
Ask Miko 2 for Multiplication Tables (2 –15)
- Tell multiplication tables for 2
- Tell multiplication tables for 10
Ask Miko 2 for Definitions
- Define “Onomatopoeia”
- Define “Internet”
- Tell me the definition of “Ecosystem”
- What is the meaning of “Inculcate?”
Ask Miko 2 to Spell
- Spell “Mississippi”
- Can you spell “astronaut?”
- What is the spelling of “grammar?”
- Please spell “pronunciation”
About Miko 2: Quick Look
Age range: Kids ages 5–10 years
Ships to: U.S. and Canada
Pricing: MSRP $399; $299 for launch
In the Box: Miko 2, Power Adapter, User Guide
- Processor 1.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor
- Sensors: Inertial, Time of flight, Odometric, Proximity, and Ambient light sensors
- Microphones: Dual MEMS microphone
- Speakers: Dual Hi-Performance Speakers
- Display: 2.8 Inch Wide-Angle High-Resolution IPS Display:
- TouchPad: Capacitive touch sensor for navigation
- Power: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery
- Connectivity: WiFi and Bluetooth
- Size: 1.98 lbs. 5.90 X 5.90 X 7.09 in