Read Across America Day and Dr. Seuss' Birthday are March 2nd. We have an adorable (and tasty) One Fish Two Fish Chocolate Bark Dr. Seuss-Inspired Recipe to help you celebrate. Dr. Suess had so many great children's books that many kids grew up reading and then we read to our kids. I know I did. I still have many favorites today.This post contains affiliate links, meaning that when you click on a link that we recommend, we may receive a teeny weeny commission if you purchase a product. We wouldn’t be doing our job to pay the bills if we didn’t monetize somehow!
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish (I Can Read It All by Myself) is one of my favorite children's books and has become one of my children's favorites, as well. Make this easy snack and then take out the book to enjoy while you snack on your chocolate bark. Check out these other Dr. Seuss-inspired themed treats for Read Across America Day and Dr. Seuss' birthday: Dr. Seuss Themed Treats | Put Me In the Zoo Mix
One Fish Two Fish Chocolate Bark
- 3 tbsp. solid shortening
- 1 (12 oz) bag of Wilton Yellow Candy Melts
- Swedish Fish candies, assorted multiple colors
- Multi-colored M&M Candy
- Multi-colored sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt 3 tbsp. solid shortening.
- Add the bag of Wilton Yellow Candy Melts to the melted shortening and stir until melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the baking sheet. Use a spatula, if necessary, to even it out. It does not have to cover the entire baking sheet.
- Immediately sprinkle different Swedish Fish on top of the chocolate.
- Add M&M Candy and sprinkles.
- Place in the refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Once hardened, break up into pieces.