Local Families Invited to Celebrate Kindness at Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) on May 31, 2014
KIND (makers of delicious and healthy snacks) and Sprout (the first 24-hour preschool network) have a shared belief in the power of kindness. That’s why they’ve teamed up to launch Operation Kind Kids—a program designed to inspire kindness through everyday thoughtful acts.
On May 31, 2014, KIND and Sprout—as part of its Kindness Counts initiative—will host family-friendly events across the country, including Portland, OR, in celebration of kindness. Preschoolers and caregivers are invited to attend and discover new ways to incorporate kindness into their daily routines. Families can also visit operationkindkids.com for activities designed to encourage kindness at home and in the community.
WHAT: The special event, aimed at teaching kids the importance of being kind, will feature a variety of activity stations, including:
- Get creative: Kids will have the chance to express what kindness means to them and share their vision as part of a collage wall.
- A kind act a day: Attendees will take home a calendar to track daily kind acts
- Pay it forward: Nothing brightens someone’s day quite like a flower, which is why kids will be invited to pick a flower and share it with someone in their life.
- Strike a pose: The whole family will have the chance to capture their experience in front of a fun photo backdrop
- Snack better: KIND Healthy Grains bars will be on hand for parents and their little ones to enjoy
COST: Admittance will be free with the cost of OMSI museum admission ($13.00/adults, $9.50/kids)
WHEN: Saturday, May 31 from 11:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
- PAW Patrol: The Movie Best Quotes - September 23, 2021
- INTERVIEW: Amy Landecker, Mark Banker & Todd Grimes - September 23, 2021
- Dear Evan Hansen Best Quotes - September 22, 2021