With Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales in theatres this weekend, we have a delicious and easy family treat to make. These Pirate Dipped Cookies are an easy and tasty treat sure to tempt your crew and perfect for any party!
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that when you click on a link that we recommend, we may receive a small commission if you purchase a product. We wouldn’t be doing our job to pay the bills if we didn’t monetize somehow!Makes 24 Dipped Oreo CookiesIngredients
- 1 package of Double Stuffed Oreos
- 1 bag of chocolate melting wafers
- 1 bag of white chocolate melts
- Wax paper
- Cookie sheet
- Two small saucepans (or a double boiler)
- 1 piping bag with the number 2 tips
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Fill 1/4 of the bottom of first small saucepan with water and place over medium heat.
- Place the second saucepan on top of first for a few minutes to allow to heat up.
- Add the bag of chocolate melts to the top saucepan.
- Dip in your Oreo until fully coated in chocolate.
- Using a fork, pick up the coated Oreo from the bottom and lightly tap the edge of the pot so any extra chocolate can drip off.
- Place the coated Oreo onto the wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Let cookies sit for about 10 minutes in the refrigerator to harden.
- Clean out the saucepan so that you can use it again for the white chocolate melts.
- Place white chocolate melts to the saucepan. Repeat step three.
- Once melted, place chocolate in the piping bag.
- Wrap a paper towel around the bag so that you don't burn your hand.
- Pipe on the skull and crossbones (you can use a stencil if you have one).
- Let decorated cookies sit for 30–60 minutes to harden.
Check out our Jack Sparrow Mango Sour
Latest posts by Jana (see all)
- How to Create an Easy DIY Picnic - June 18, 2019
- Capture Summer Moments with Canon IVY CLIQ - June 17, 2019
- Rethink Wireless Earbuds with Skullcandy Push Earbuds - June 16, 2019