Straight on Till Morning
Do you prefer your fairy tales with a twist? We sure do! We’re so excited about the newest book in the A Twisted Tale series. My girls have read all of the previous books in the series and anxiously awaited the arrival of this latest one.
Thanks to Disney Books for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links.
We love creating geek-inspired eats and treats. To celebrate the release of the new A Twisted Tale #8: Straight On Till Morning by Liz Braswell, we’ve created a classic treat with a twist! Straight On Till Morning is based on the story of Peter Pan and asks the question, “What if Wendy traveled to Never Land first…with Captain Hook?” and we embraced this fun twist with a recipe for Pixie Dust Krispie Treats. These delightful marshmallowy Rice Krispie treats are sprinkled with pixie dust!
Pixie Dust Krispie Treats
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 2 10-oz. bags of mini marshmallows
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 9 cups of Rice Krispie cereal
- Clear/white candy sprinkles
- Light green shimmer icing
- Parchment paper
- 9”x13” pan
- Nonstick baking spray
- Line a 9”x13” pan with parchment paper. Lightly spray the parchment paper with nonstick spray to keep the krispie treats from sticking.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat, making sure not to let it burn or boil.
- Slowly add the marshmallows to the melted butter, and stir until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove the mixture from heat and stir in vanilla and salt.
- Gently fold in the rice cereal, ensuring all the pieces are coated as evenly as possible.
- Using a rubber spatula, transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Using the back of a flat spatula, gently pack down the mixture to make it as flat and even as possible across the top of the pan.
- Let the krispie mixture cool for at least 1 hour at room temperature before decorating.
- Add sprinkles and icing.
- Gently using the ends of the parchment paper, lift the krispie treats out of the pan. Cut into squares and serve.
- Leftover Pixie Dust Krispie Treats can be stored for up to 3 days, in a sealed container. If you want to store them in layers, place a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper between the layers of Pixie Dust Krispie Treats.
About Straight on Till Morning
Do you prefer your fairy tales with a twist? Disney's A Twisted Tale young adult fantasy series puts a twist on classic Disney stories. This new release based on Peter Pan asks, What if Wendy first traveled to Never Land…with Captain Hook? Straight on Till Morning is written by Liz Braswell and available in stores now!
Sixteen-year-old Wendy Darling's life is not what she imagined it would be. The doldrums of an empty house after her brothers have gone to school, the dull parties where everyone thinks she talks too much, and the fact that her parents have decided to send her away to Ireland as a governess—it all makes her wish things could be different.
Wendy's only real escape is in writing down tales of Never Land. After nearly meeting her hero, Peter Pan, 4 years earlier, she still holds on to the childhood hope that his magical home truly exists. She also holds on to his shadow.
So when an opportunity to travel to Never Land via pirate ship presents itself, Wendy makes a deal with the devil. But Never Land isn't quite the place she imagined it would be. Unexpected dangers and strange foes pop up at every turn, and a little pixie named Tinker Bell seems less than willing to help.
But when Captain Hook reveals some rather permanent and evil plans for Never Land, it's up to the two of them to save Peter Pan—and his world.
There are already seven other titles in the A Twisted Tale series, with more to come in 2020! The next book is So This Is Love (based on Cinderella), in stores April 2020.
Books in the A Twisted Tale Series:
- Book 1: A Whole New World by Liz Braswell
- Book 2: Once Upon a Dream by Liz Braswell
- Book 3: As Old as Time by Liz Braswell
- Book 4: Reflection by Elizabeth Lim
- Book 5: Part of Your World by Liz Braswell
- Book 6: Mirror, Mirror by Jen Calonita
- Book 7: Conceal, Don't Feel by Jen Calonita
- Book 8: Straight On Till Morning by Liz Braswell
- Book 9: So This Is Love by Elizabeth Lim (Releases April 7, 2020!)
About the Author
Liz Braswell spent her childhood reading fairy tales, dreaming, and going on adventures in the woods with her cat. After majoring in Egyptology at Brown University (and yes, she can write your name in hieroglyphs) she promptly spent the next 10 years producing video games. Finally, Liz caved into fate and wrote Snow and Rx under the name Tracy Lynn, followed by the Nine Lives of Chloe King series under her real name, because by then the assassins hunting her were all dead. She is also the author of Stuffed and several other Twisted Tales, including A Whole New World, Once Upon a Dream, As Old as Time, and Part of Your World. She lives in Brooklyn with a husband, two children, a cat, a part-time dog, three fish, and five coffee trees—one of which has already produced a rather tolerable espresso.
Visit Books.Disney.com to learn more: https://books.disney.com/book/straight-on-till-morning
Buy on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3blwuyO