Pregknowsis.com launched recently with the goal of taking some of the mystery out of pregnancy advice. It uses questions posed to a large community of users to generate individual answers, advancing online pregnancy conversation from folk wisdom and she say/she say to custom answers. It’s a novel concept that aims to lessen pregnancy guesswork.
Here’s how it all works:
1. A user goes to www.pregknowsis.com, creates a profile and answers a few lifestyle and demographic questions (age, diet, BMI, etc.).
2. Once registration is complete, users can go on and ask/answer their conception, pregnancy, or childhood related questions. Answers are instantly displayed using community answers in statistical form (individual users are anonymous). Once enough people answer a question, the answers become statistically significant (i.e., reliable) and gives users trustworthy information.
3. Answers can be taken one step further—to customize by 8 different categories submitted in profiles. Users can then apply this to change lifestyle factors influencing fertility, from social drinking habits to BMI.
Getting your custom answer is called “getting your Pregknowsis” and you can get it for any question you can think of, from effectiveness of fertility treatments to breastfeeding in public. “During pregnancy, I struggled with a lack of reliable information available on the web and even the facts or statistics available to doctors”, said cofounder Natasha McAnuff. “Pregknowsis.com was born from a desire to have better information. We use the same statistical analysis used to evolve information for decades (i.e., online shopping, car buying, business, etc.) and apply it to pregnancy”
In a way, Pregknowsis is like a crowdsourcing platform for pregnancy-related questions and answers, all generated by the user community. What a greta use of consumer-generated content.
Disclosure: Housewife on a Mission and the blogs participating are not responsible for prize fulfillment/shipment. Housewife on a Mission received monetary compensation for hosting this giveaway. Merlot Mommy was not compensated in any way for the promotion of this giveaway. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and any other social media are not affiliated with this giveaway. If you have any questions please contact the host of this giveaway at info(at)housewifeonamission.com.
*Check out all my current giveaways HERE!*
*Check out Merlot Mommy's other giveaway here.*
- INTERVIEW: Amy Landecker, Mark Banker & Todd Grimes - September 23, 2021
- Dear Evan Hansen Best Quotes - September 22, 2021
- Best Quotes KATE Movie - September 21, 2021