Are you passionate about digital imaging and digital photography? If you are, your images and data are important to you. You certainly know the importance of backing up your information. If you’re like me, you probably keep at least one back up of your back up (I’m so geeky I keep two backups of my backup). The SanDisk – Extreme 1TB External USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C Portable Solid-State Drive has you covered for backups on the go.
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
I’m passionate about backups. In fact, I got hosed once by a new-fangled storage unit that promised to be cool. The company that made it was reliable, the problem was with the fancy software interface that they decided they no longer wanted to support. Lesson learned the hard way. Go with the basic interface. I lost two years of kid and travel photos. I now stick with brand names in storage but also only storage devices that use a very basic interface for storing that data. SanDisk has always been a go-to in data and image storage in our household. One of the things I LOVE about SanDisk is the versatility. They make drives that I can use for my Mac, our PCs, cameras, etc., but at the core they have reliability.
The SanDisk – Extreme 1TB External USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C Portable Solid-State Drive is the perfect high-speed storage backup system on the go. The 1TB storage size offers plenty of space for music, photos, and other data, but this unit itself is small, rugged, and portable. It’s both Mac and PC compatible, which is perfect for our dual-interface family. Shock-resistant SSD is important for portable storage, especially as a family travel blogger—I’m constantly on the go. Things happen. I don’t like dropping things, but sometimes they do get dropped/bumped/etc. I love the durability of this product!
- 1TB storage capacity: Provides plenty of space to store music and other media files.
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C interface: Offers an easy-to-use connection to devices. Includes a USB Type-C to Type-C cable and a Type-C to Type-A adapter.
- Up to 550MB/sec. read speeds: Enable a rapid response when updating files.
- Water- and dust-resistant design: Boasts an IP55 rating and stands up to rain, splashes, spills, and dust.
- SecureAccess™ 128-bit AES encryption software: Helps keep your files secure.
- Shock-resistant solid-state core: Offers rugged durability and reliable performance.
- Solid-state drive with no moving parts: Ensures cool, quiet operation.
- Portable design: Lets you take your data on the go.
- Compatible with PC and Mac: Offers flexible installation options.
Latest posts by Jana (see all)
- Jack Skellington Cookies - August 17, 2018
- Win Tickets to See Searching Movie in Portland - August 16, 2018
- Update Your Kitchen with Bosch 100 Series Dishwasher - August 16, 2018