If you do any amount of cooking you know that sauces from scratch are soooooo much better than any you can buy. This easy Red Enchilada Sauce is better than any you can buy in the store and it's so quick and easy you'll never buy store bought Red Enchilada Sauce again. Use this in our Easy Chicken Enchiladas or any other recipe that calls for Red Enchilada Sauce.
Red Enchilada Sauce
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp. chili powder (add more if you like spice)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Add flour and whisk together over the heat for one minute.
- Stir in chili powder, garlic, salt, cumin, and oregano.
- Gradually add in the chicken stock, whisking constantly to remove lumps.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Use immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Check out our Easy Chicken Enchiladas recipe
Latest posts by Jana (see all)
- Luxury Linens for Back to School - August 20, 2019
- Bowers & Wilkins Formation : Performance Sound for Your Home Audio - August 17, 2019
- Back-to-School Lunches Made Easy with Santa Cruz Organics - August 15, 2019