September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Even if you haven't been directly affected, you've probably been affected indirectly, whether by pediatric cancer or other cancers. Cancer shows no mercy. Cancer doesn't give you a pass because you're a child.
Did you know that:
- 46 children are diagnosed with cancer each school day
- 7 children die from cancer each day
- Less than 4% of the National Cancer Institute’s annual budget goes to pediatric cancer research
- Less than 1% of every dollar the American Cancer Society raises goes to pediatric cancer research
Help Connor Cure Cancer
A little under 2 years ago, my extended family lost their 6-month-old son, Connor, to AT/RT (Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumor). It was aggressive—just 6 short weeks after they found the tumor, Connor passed away, on his 6-month birthday.
Pediatric Cancer is THE #1 cause of death among children. The government and big pharm say that pediatric cancer is rare and not a priority when it comes to funding research. We need to make a difference and invest in new pediatric cancer research. In just one year, ConnorCures.org raised nearly $200,000 to fund pediatric cancer research.
Connor Cures was formed with 3 goals in mind:
1. Cure Pediatric Cancer by raising money to fund early clinical development of promising therapies for the treatment of children with cancer.
2. Unite many of the pediatric brain cancer foundations to create a cohesive voice in the fight against pediatric cancer.
3. Bring awareness to the lack of funding for pediatric cancer research.
To learn more about ConnorCures.org and how you can help raise funds and awareness for pediatric cancer, visit the website.
- PAW Patrol: The Movie Best Quotes - September 23, 2021
- INTERVIEW: Amy Landecker, Mark Banker & Todd Grimes - September 23, 2021
- Dear Evan Hansen Best Quotes - September 22, 2021