If you read the blog regularly, you know we're big Star Wars fans. We love a good Star Wars treat. These Star Wars Galaxy cupcakes are a great way to celebrate the newest Star Wars release or for a Star Wars party. If you're looking for cosmic galaxy cupcakes, these Star Wars cupcakes are perfect!
Star Wars Galaxy Cupcakes
Makes 18 Cupcakes
- 1 pouch of Light green, Light Blue, and Purple Nonpareil's and sprinkle Jimmies (bought from Michaels craft stores)
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined and well blended
Cosmic Galaxy Cupcakes
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of softened unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Gel food coloring: Black, Purple, Leaf Green, and Sky Blue
- White cupcake liners
- Cupcake pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line muffin pan with the white cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, add the cake mix, butter, milk, and vanilla extract and stir until combined .
- Divide the batter into 4 bowls and add a food color gel into each bowl.
- Add the Purple coloring to one bowl and mix until combined .
- Add the Black food coloring to the second bowl, stir to combine.
- Add the Leaf Green coloring to the third bowl, stirring until combined.
- Add the Sky Blue coloring into the fourth bowl and mix until combined.
- Begin to fill the cupcake liners.
- Scoop about 1 tbsp. of each colored batter into the cupcake; continue to rotate colors until the cupcake tin is about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool before frosting.
- 1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powder sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3–5 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- Gel food colors: Black, Purple, Leaf Green, and Sky Blue
- 1 disposable piping bag with a star tip
- 1 cup Galaxy Sprinkles
- Using a stand mixer, combine all ingredients and mix on medium speed.
- Mix until you see stiffed peaks in your frosting.
- Once the frosting is made, split it into four bowls.
- Add about 2–4 drops of each color: Purple in one bowl, blue into the second bowl, black into the third bowl, and green into the fourth bowl .
- Place the piping bag into a large glass and fold the sides of the bag over.
- Scoop one spoonful of the Purple frosting onto one side of the piping bag.
- Now scoop one spoonful of the Blue frosting onto another side of the piping bag ; scoop one spoonful of the Green frosting onto the side of the piping bag; next to the blue color.
- Scoop one spoonful of the Black frosting onto the side of the Green frosting, and squeeze the icing together.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes.
- Garnish with Galaxy Sprinkles.
Check out these Wookie Cookies
Latest posts by Jana (see all)
- How to Create an Easy DIY Picnic - June 18, 2019
- Capture Summer Moments with Canon IVY CLIQ - June 17, 2019
- Rethink Wireless Earbuds with Skullcandy Push Earbuds - June 16, 2019