In just about 21 hours from now—barring any major snow events—I'll be arriving in warm, sunny Dallas, TX. On Thursday, I'll be joining about 1,000 other women at the BlissDom Conference, the “premier conference for women who find and express their bliss by publishing online.” Ooooh, that's me! Speakers and panels including the best social media and public relations pros? Yes, please!
Alli Worthington and Barbara Jones (who runs Blissful Media Group), met through Twitter and combined the “dynamic balance of their visions, and their passion for quality and community” to “make BlissDom a must-attend conference for social media mavens, online publishers and sponsors.” According to the website, which of course is what drew me in, the conference is targeted to :
- Women who find bliss by blogging and spending time on Internet social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and more.
- Women who love to learn more in a supportive, relaxed environment.
- Busy ‘mom’ writers, bloggers and business women who need a break to reflect and grow.
- PR pros and marketers who want to perfect their digital strategies and develop relationships with influential bloggers.
- People who are new to blogging or blogging conferences and want to know what it’s all about.
- Internet veterans who want a fresh perspective and cutting edge developments.
I. Can't. Wait. In fact, I probably won't sleep much tonight (and not just because I still need to pack). I'm planning to attend the writing track sessions, but I may pop in on a photography session or two. I'm looking forward to learning some great new tips and tricks for web writing and making a few new friends along the way. I may have a few minutes over the next few days to share some posts, but please don't be disappointed if I don't. I'll be learning this week and sharing post-conference, for sure! I'll definitely be live tweeting some sessions, so feel free to follow me on Twitter if you haven't already done so.