Just in time for St. Patrick's Day we have an easy and tasty snack for everyone! Muddy Buddies/Puppy Chow/Monkey Munch/Reindeer Food—whatever name you know it as—it's a pretty standard Chex cereal-based snack mix recipe (with one sub) and green mint M&Ms add-ins for the St. Patrick's Day holiday! My kids love this treat and it's easy enough kids of all ages can help make it, too. It's a perfect kids in the kitchen recipe!This post contains affiliate links, meaning that when you click on a link that we recommend, we may receive a teeny weeny commission if you purchase a product. We wouldn’t be doing our job to pay the bills if we didn’t monetize somehow!
White Chocolate + Mint Muddy Buddies Snack Mix
- 9 cups Chex cereal, any variety
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Put Chex cereal in a mixing bowl; set aside.
- In 1-quart glass bowl, microwave white chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter uncovered on High for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave for about 30 seconds more or until mixture can be stirred smoothly and evenly. You may need another 30 seconds if it doesn't mix smoothly.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the melted mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly the cereal is all coated.
- Pour coated into gallon Ziploc bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on wax paper or parchment paper to cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Pro tip: for easier cleanup, add the melted mixture to the cereal in a gallon Ziploc Storage Bag at Step 5 rather than in a mixing bowl and then pour into a new bag at Step 6 as directed.
Like this recipe? Try our Chocolate-Dipped Wafer Cookies for St. Patrick's Day