This post contains affiliate links, meaning that when you click on a link that we recommend, we may receive a teeny weeny commission if you purchase a product. We wouldn’t be doing our job to pay the bills if we didn’t monetize somehow.
Roald Dahl has written some of the world’s most timeless children’s classic literature. The BFG is one of my personal favorites from my childhood. Many of his works have been turned into plays and movies, including The BFG,which was made into a movie this summer and is now available on Blu-Ray/DVD.
The BFG Blu-Ray/DVD has lots of great bonus features, too, but they vary depending on the version you get!
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL HD:
- Bringing The BFG to Life – Ruby Barnhill (Sophie) hosts a phizz-whizzing journey through the making of The BFG. This behind-the-scenes documentary details the film’s progression through interviews with Roald Dahl’s daughter Lucy Dahl, screenwriter Melissa Mathison, executive producers Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Kristie Macosko Krieger, and numerous members of the talented cast and crew.
- The Big Friendly Giant and Me – Sophie wasn’t the first “bean” in Giant Country—many illustrations were created as if drawn by a little boy who was there long before Sophie. This charming, in-world short will bring the drawings to life with animation and narration, recounting the friendship and the dreams shared between the boy and the Big Friendly Giant.
- Gobblefunk: The Wonderful Words of The BFG – A whoopsey-splunkers tutorial on the meaning of the gloriumptious gobblefunk in The BFG.
- Giants 101 – Jemaine Clement (Fleshlumpeater) and Bill Hader (Bloodbottler) introduce us to the loathsome giants in “The BFG,” along with movement choreographer/motion capture performer Terry Notary, who collaborated with the actors and Director Steven Spielberg prior to filming to develop their movements and character traits.
- Melissa Mathison: A Tribute – An homage to Melissa Mathison, the extraordinary, Oscar®-nominated screenwriter of The BFG and E.T., whose talent and heart were as immense as the giants in The BFG.
- John Williams: Scoring A Dream – A journey through the film’s concept art and memorable moments, interwoven with the sights and sounds of legendary composer John William’s scoring session.
- Gobblefunk: The Wonderful Words of The BFG and Melissa Mathison: A Tribute
Have you seen the trailer for The BFG?
Grab a copy of The BFG on Blu-Ray/DVD today!
Read our Exclusive Interview with Lucy Dahl
I’ve been invited to an all-expenses paid trip to Los Angeles. As always, all opinions are my own.