Easter is a great time for cute spring-colored treats. My kids love to make Easter treats. I love treats that are easy to make. These Chocolate Dipped Easter Nest Treats are super easy. We've shared how to make chocolate dipped Oreos for Easter with this Easter Nest Treats recipe. If you're looking for a fun and easy Easter treat, try this cute Easter Egg Nest made with Chocolate dipped Oreos! This post contains affiliate links.
Chocolate Dipped Easter Nest Oreo Treats
- 1 package of Double Stuf Oreos
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 bag of maple chocolate melting wafers
- 1 tube of brown cake icing
- 1 disposable piping bag fitted with a number 2 decorator tip
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp. green food coloring
- 1 bag of Cadbury Mini Egg candies
- 2 cookie sheets lined with parchment paper
- 1 large Ziploc bag
- Pour your shredded coconut into a large Ziploc bag and add the green food coloring.
- Shake the bag to get the coconut coated with the green food coloring as evenly a possible. You may need to rub the coconut around a bit in the Ziploc bag to get it fully coated and colored.
- Pour the colored coconut onto one cookie sheet and spread out.
- Let it dry overnight.
- Using a double boiler, melt your maple chocolate melting wafers. Once melted, mix in the coconut oil. This will help thin out your chocolate.
- Using a fork, dip your Oreos into the melted candy melt mixture.
- Lightly tap the edge of the double boiler to get rid of any extra Oreo crumbs.
- Place Oreos onto the other prepared cookie sheet.
- Repeat steps with remaining Oreos.
- Let the Oreos completely dry fully before decorating.
- While Oreos are drying, squeeze the cake icing into the disposable piping bag.
- Once the Oreos are dry, pipe squiggly lines around the outer edge of the Oreo with the brown cake icing, leaving an opening in the center of the Oreo to place the coconut.
- Add about a teaspoon of coconut into the center of each Oreo nest.
- Pipe on a small amount of the icing onto the bottom of the egg and place one egg into the center of the coconut.
- Let icing harden for about 30 minutes before enjoying!
Check out our Baby Chick Cookies