Kindness matters. Always. It's something we've tried to instill in our children from day one. Ferdinand tells the tale of a giant bull who prefers flowers to fighting. A story about choosing to be kind to one another, about not judging a bull by its cover, and to bull-ieve in yourself is one we all need right now. Thanks to Fox Home Entertainment for sponsoring this post.
Kindness Rocks are a subtle and sweet way to spread joy to your community! Simply paint a rock with an inspirational— or “memora-BULL”—message and leave it somewhere to be found by a passing neighbor. Our Girl Scout troop participated in a Love Rocks project a couple of years ago that was a similar project, spreading random acts of love, kindness, and sweet sentiments for people to find and uplift them when they least expect it. These rocks are so easy to make.
DIY Kindness Rocks
- Rocks with smooth flat surfaces
- Non-toxic acrylic paint
- Oil-based paint pens or markers
- Non-toxic sealant such as Mod Podge or clear acrylic spray
- Prepare the rocks. Paint them if you want a colored base and let your rock dry.
- Create your message. Draw a picture or write your message and let the rock dry.
- Seal your rock. This step isn't mandatory but help the rock weather better.
- Spread your kindness by leaving your rocks somewhere for neighbors or strangers to find.
Ferdinand is available on Digital February 27 and Blu-ray & DVD on March 13, 2018
Ferdinand Movie Online
Fox Home Entertainment Online
The Kindness Rocks Project
- Museum Hack is the Best Way to Tour a New Museum - August 3, 2021
- Nickelodeon’s “Are You Afraid of the Dark?” Curse of the Shadows - August 2, 2021
- Collection Of Best JUNGLE CRUISE Movie Quotes - July 31, 2021