This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
“Talk Less, Smile More.” It may be a quote from one of my favorite musicals, Hamilton, but it’s a quote we can all learn from. Whether traveling and being immersed in a new culture or simply being in a new situation for the first time, you can always learn a lot by listening and taking it all in.
View this post on Instagram
This DIY Talk Less Smile More Shirt is an easy DIY Cricut iron-on shirt craft I created for a recent interview opportunity I had with the incredible Lin-Manuel Miranda. This project is about 15 minutes from start to finish.
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that when you click on a link that we recommend, we may receive a teeny weeny commission if you purchase a product.
DIY Talk Less Smile More Shirt
- Create your text in the Cricut Design Space.
- Use the letter spacing to adjust the space of the letters (kerning in graphic design) to bring the letters closer together to eliminate the gap for scripted fonts like the Sugar Plum font I used for “smile more.”
- Place Cricut Iron On Vinyl Lite onto Cricut Cutting Mat.
- Once your design is finished and ready to cut, load the Cutting Mat into Cricut Explore Air as directed by machine.
- Send design to Cricut Explore Air and watch it cut.
- Remove excess vinyl from backing using the weeder for fine lettering detail.
- Apply Cricut Iron On Lite Vinyl following directions on packaging.
- Interview with Dave Boyle for House of Ninjas on Netflix - February 21, 2024
- Welcome Home Franklin Interview - February 16, 2024
- Interview Walt Dohrn and Tim Heitz on Trolls Band Together - February 8, 2024