This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
“Talk Less, Smile More.” It maybe a quote from one of my favorite musicals, Hamilton, but it's a quote we can all learn from. Whether traveling and being immersed in a new culture or simply being in a new situation for the first time, you can always learn a lot by listening and taking it all in.
View this post on Instagram
I was so glad @summerlendavis talked me into wearing one of her pieces from the @thesaltysparrow this weekend for our #Moanaevent interviews. It was the perfect complement to my @hamiltonmusical inspired shirt for interviewing #linmanuelmiranda _____________ #losangeles #fashion #travel #disney #entertainment #wanderlust #hamilton #hamiltonmusical #disneymoana #mytinyatlas #movie #linmanuelmiranda #santamonica #jewelry
This DIY Talk Less Smile More Shirt is an easy DIY Cricut iron on shirt craft I created for a recent interview opportunity I had with the incredible Lin-Manuel Miranda. This project is about 15 minutes start to finish.
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that when you click on a link that we recommend, we may receive a teeny weeny commission if you purchase a product.
DIY Talk Less Smile More Shirt
- Create your text in the Cricut Design Space.
- Use the letter spacing to adjust the space of the letters (kerning in graphic design) to bring the letters closer together to eliminate the gap for scripted fonts like the Sugar Plum font I used for “smile more.”
- Place Cricut Iron On Vinyl Lite onto Cricut Cutting Mat.
- Once your design is finished and ready to cut, load Cutting Mat into Cricut Explore Air as directed by machine.
- Send design to Cricut Explore Air and watch it cut.
- Remove excess vinyl from backing using the weeder for fine lettering detail.
- Apply Cricut Iron On Lite Vinyl following directions on packaging.