My daughters love crafts and using my Cricut machine. If you've ever wondered “What is the Cricut machine and what can I do with it?” It's so versatile.
Thanks to Cricut for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are my own.
We used the Cricut® Washi Sheets, Gold Foil Classic and empty prescription pill containers. The final containers can be used for storage or travel: jewelry, cotton swabs, small makeup brushes, safety pins, whatever you need!
When I say “we” I mean she did 95% of the work.
Here are the steps below.
DIY Washi Tape Containers – Easy Tween Project
- Create new file in Cricut Design Space. Place a shape; we used a 1″ circle for the top of the pill container.
- Place Cricut® Washi Sheets, Gold Foil Classic onto Cricut Cutting Mat and load the mat in Cricut Explore Air.
- Send file to print.
- Follow on-screen directions to finish.
- Once the image is cut to the washi, remove mat. Make sure to save your project when you're through.
- Remove the negative image you won't be using. This is called weeding, but it's large enough you really don't need the weeder for this.
- With one of the Cricut® Washi Sheets, Gold Foil Classic sheets, you'll need to trim two 1 1/2″ wide strips about 4 inches long to cover the container.
- Remove the backing for each side strip and adhere to the container.
- Trim strips from the remaining sheet to cover the top of the container.
- You're ready to rock that container anywhere!