Grilled Blueberry Pie and CK Mondavi and Family Sunset Sweet Red Blend wine
Summer and early fall are the perfect time for grilling. We love not heating up the inside of the house by using the oven and cooking on the grill instead. We love cooking things on the grill like pizza, kebabs, and desserts, as well as other items you don't typically cook on the grill.
We made this Grilled Blueberry Pie on the grill and it's tasty and oh so easy. Essentially, you can make your basic fruit pie on the grill instead of in the oven.
Thanks to CK Mondavi for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are our own.
Grilled Blueberry Pie
Grilled Blueberry Pie Ingredients
- 1 pie crust
- 3 c. fresh blueberries
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice, from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp. lemon zest (lest of about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 disposable foil pie pan and 1 disposable square or rectangular baking pan
Grilled Blueberry Pie Directions
- Preheat grill to 350° Fahrenheit, or as close as you can get it.
- Place blueberries in a large bowl. Add sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Toss gently.
- Lay pie crust in disposable pie plate.
- Place fruit in the center of the pie crust and fold up the edges to form the crust so it looks like the edge of a galette.
- Place a square or rectangular baking pan upside down on the grill. Place the pie in its pie plate on top of the inverted pan and close the lid to the grill.
- Cook until the crust is cooked through, about 20 to 30 minutes, depending on how hot the grill is; check the pie at 15 minutes and then every 3 minutes to ensure the crust doesn't burn.
- Once the pie is cooked and the crust is a golden brown, carefully remove the pie plate from the grill.
- Cool before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream is desired.
- Pairs wonderfully with CK Mondavi and Family Sunset Sweet Red Blend wine.