Herb & Brown Sugar Salmon
- 1 whole side of Wild Caught Salmon
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon thyme
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black peppercorns
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the length of salmon into two pieces; it will be easier to work with two pieces instead of one larger piece.
- Place each piece into a shallow, high-sided dish, skin-side down.
- Using a food processor add the brown sugar, fresh parsley, rosemary, lemon, thyme, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and freshly ground black peppercorns. Pulse until smooth.
- Spoon the processed contents into a bowl.
- Melt one stick of unsalted sweet cream butter in a saucepan.
- When the butter is completely melted, add it to the brown sugar and herb mixture. Use a fork to fully combine all ingredients.
- Using a tablespoon divide Brown Sugar, Herb, and Butter mixture between the two pieces of salmon.
- Place a large cast iron or non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil; when the butter and olive oil is melted and hot add one piece of salmon skin-side down. Pan sear the salmon for 4 minutes. Using a large spatula, turn the salmon over and cook for 4 minutes more.
- Using a large spatula, remove salmon and place it into a large, high-walled casserole dish that has been buttered.
- Place into the preheated over and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the salmon to rest for 15 minutes.
This pairs beautifully with our Wild Rice and Roasted Tomatoes and Hard Yuletide Bourbon Cocktail.
- Disney Merriest Nites - September 15, 2021
- Disneyland Halloween Treats You Can Mobile Order - September 14, 2021
- INTERVIEW with Angela Santomero and Traci Paige Johnson of Blue's Clues - September 14, 2021