We love cooking in our home. Whether we're preparing dinner on a weeknight or hosting a holiday meal, we love to prepare fresh home cooked meals with fresh ingredients. This Herb and Brown Sugar Salmon is an easy dish to prepare, yet presents as something so much more elegant and time-consuming that it really is. Shhh, we won't tell your guests how easy it was!
Herb & Brown Sugar Salmon
- 1 whole side of Wild Caught Salmon
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon thyme
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black peppercorns
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the length of salmon into two pieces; it will be easier to work with two pieces instead of one larger piece.
- Place each piece into a shallow, high-sided dish, skin-side down.
- Using a food processor add the brown sugar, fresh parsley, rosemary, lemon, thyme, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and freshly ground black peppercorns. Pulse until smooth.
- Spoon the processed contents into a bowl.
- Melt one stick of unsalted sweet cream butter in a saucepan.
- When the butter is completely melted, add it to the brown sugar and herb mixture. Use a fork to fully combine all ingredients.
- Using a tablespoon divide Brown Sugar, Herb, and Butter mixture between the two pieces of salmon.
- Place a large cast iron or non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil; when the butter and olive oil is melted and hot add one piece of salmon skin-side down. Pan sear the salmon for 4 minutes. Using a large spatula, turn the salmon over and cook for 4 minutes more.
- Using a large spatula, remove salmon and place it into a large, high-walled casserole dish that has been buttered.
- Place into the preheated over and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the salmon to rest for 15 minutes.
This pairs beautifully with our Wild Rice and Roasted Tomatoes and Hard Yuletide Bourbon Cocktail.
The following two tabs change content below.
Jana Seitzer is a full-time mom to 4 amazing kids, wife, writer, photographer, marketer, designer, and social media maven. She loves to travel all over the world—solo and with her family—and tell stories about her travel adventures, adventures that often involve a glass of wine.
Latest posts by Jana (see all)
- The Fowl Twins - November 20, 2019
- Polaroid Lab is the Perfect Gift for Teens and Tweens Polaroid Lab - November 16, 2019
- Upgrade Your Kitchen with Bosch Counter-Depth Refrigerators - November 16, 2019