This post contains affiliate links, meaning that when you click on a link that we recommend, we may receive a teeny weeny commission if you purchase a product. We wouldn’t be doing our job to pay the bills if we didn’t monetize somehow!
Mmmm cake pops. I love cake pops, and these Kona Coffee cake pops are a delicious cake pop treat with a little extra coffee kick. If you love cake and cake pops, and also coffee, you have to try these.
Kona Coffee Cake Pops
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. Kona Coffee, brewed (use this as an alternative to water)
- 1 container of chocolate frosting
- 1 bag Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark Melting Wafers
- 1 cup Ghirardelli Chocolate White Candy Making Wafers
- 9×13 baking pan
- Mixing bowl
- Parchment paper
- Cookie sheet
- Cake pop sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prep 9×13 baking pan with baking spray.
- Make the chocolate cake mix according to the directions on the back of the box.
- Add the brewed Kona Coffee in place of the water directed on the box. Stir to blend the coffee into the batter.
- Bake according to the directions on the back of the chocolate cake mix box.
- Once done cooking, allow the cake to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, crumble the cake until fine.
- Mix in about 3 tablespoonfuls of chocolate frosting.
- Using your hands, mix the chocolate frosting and cooled cake together.
- You want the consistency of the mix to be where you are able to form a ball and it wont crumble; you may need to add a bit more frosting.
- Form a ball using a small ice cream scoop.
- Place the cake balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Put the cookie sheet with the cake balls in the freezer for 45 minutes.
- Pour the Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark Melting Wafers into a microwave safe bowl. Melt the wafers for 1 minute at a time stirring after each interval. Continue to melt and stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip one end of the lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and insert into the center of the cake ball.
- Return to the freezer for about another 30 minutes.
- If necessary re-melt the chocolate.
- Dip the cake pops into the melted chocolate. Place the cake pops on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet transferring them to the freezer for 2 hours for the chocolate to harden.
- Pour the Ghirardelli Chocolate White Candy Making Wafers into a microwave safe bowl. Melt the wafers at 1 minute at a time stirring after each interval. Continue to melt and stir until the white chocolate is completely melted.
- Remove the cake pops from the freezer.
- Dip a fork into the melted white chocolate then drizzle each cake pop.
- Return to the parchment paper lined cookie sheet for the white chocolate to harden.