March 2 is Dr. Seuss' birthday and Read Across America Day.
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that when you click on a link that we recommend, we may receive a teeny weeny commission if you purchase a product. We wouldn’t be doing our job to pay the bills if we didn’t monetize somehow!
In Katroo, every year, on the day you were born
They start the day right in the bright early morn
When the Birthday Honk-Honker hikes high up Mt. Zorn
and lets loose a big blast on the big Birthday Horn.
And the voice of the horn calls out loud as it plays:
“Wake up! For today is your Day of all Days!”
— Happy Birthday to You!
Each year on March 2nd, thousands of schools, libraries, and communities across the United States celebrate and honor Theodor Seuss Geisel's birthday with Read Across America Day. Theodor Seuss Geisel was known for illustrating and writing many known children's favorites under the pen name Dr. Seuss. Some of these favorite books include “The Cat in the Hat,” “Green Eggs and Ham,” “Oh, The Places You'll Go!,” “Put Me in the Zoo,” “One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish ,” “The Lorax,” and so many more. In honor of what would have been Dr. Seuss' 112th birthday this year, we've whipped up a fun Dr. Seuss-themed snack to celebrate one of his favorite works, “Put Me in the Zoo.” Check out the Dr. Seuss treats we did last time to celebrate his birthday.
Put Me In the Zoo Mix
- Waffle pretzels
- Wilton Candy Melts in various colors, I used red, blue, green, yellow, and lavender
- Place 8 waffle pretzels on a microwave-safe plate.
- Add a Wilton Red Candy Melt to the middle of each waffle pretzel.
- Microwave for 45 seconds or until the candy melts begins to soften.
- Repeat steps 1–3 for each color candy melt you plan to use.
- Let the candy topped pretzels cool off for at least 5 minutes before enjoying.
Check out Celebrate Dr. Seuss' Birthday with Themed Treats
- The Magician's Elephant Interview - March 20, 2023
- DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: HONOR AMONG THIEVES Review - March 20, 2023
- Boston Strangler Review - March 17, 2023
Hannah C says
This is an adorable idea. I love it. I also loved Dr. Seuss as a kid. The Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham were my favorites.
Linda Manns Linneman says
We love Dr Seuss at our house. This is a great idea. Thank you so much for this recipe