THE LION KING SIGNATURE COLLECTION is available on digital now and Blu-ray™ August 29th.
The Lion King is the fifth title to join the Walt Disney Signature Collection, which includes groundbreaking films created or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney, featuring timeless stories and characters that have touched generations. It takes its place alongside Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Beauty and the Beast, Pinocchio, and Bambi. We love all of the special editions and Signature Collections of the Disney movies when they release. We're excited to add this family favorite to our ever-growing collection of DVDs and Blu-rays.
As to be expected, the bonus footage and features with THE LION KING SIGNATURE COLLECTION are definitely worth adding to your home movie collection. The visualization of “Be Prepared” by artist David Garibaldi is wild! Check out the video below. We love the sign-a-long videos, too.
- Brand New Sing-Along Version
- Audio Commentary – View the film with commentary by producer Don Hahn and co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
- Visualizing a Villain – Against a backdrop of live dancers and the animated “Be Prepared” sequence, artist David Garibaldi paints a masterpiece of evil.
- The Recording Sessions – Watch rare footage of the actors recording their roles, matched with the final animation. Intro by Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
- Nathan and Matthew: The Extended Lion King Conversation – Nathan Lane (Timon) and Matthew Broderick (Adult Simba) offer candid and hilarious insights into their Lion King experiences.
- Inside the Story Room – Co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff present archival footage of five original story pitches.
- Circle of Life – See how color creates emotion and meaning in the film's iconic opening.
- Simba & Nala – See how elements proposed in story meetings evolve into what appears onscreen.
- Simba Takes Nala Out to Play – …And, sometimes what seems funny in story meetings never makes it into the film!
- Hakuna Matata – Co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff sing, act and dance their hearts out as they pitch the “Hakuna Matata” sequence.
- Rafiki and Reflecting Pool – Co-directors Roger Allers & Rob Minkoff pitch a sequence that became the emotional heart of The Lion King to Producer Don Hahn.
- Music & More – Sing along to your favorite songs from the movie!
- “Circle of Life”
- “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King”
- “Be Prepared”
- “Hakuna Matata”
- “Can You Feel the Love Tonight”
- Visual Development – Explore a gallery of striking artwork that inspired the movie's look and feel.
- Character Design – Trace the development of the film's unforgettable characters through early concept art drawings.
- Storyboards – Examine storyboards created in the development of “The Lion King.”
- Layouts – Feast your eyes on layouts created in the development of “The Lion King.”
- Backgrounds & Layouts – Journey through a gallery of landscape paintings that shaped the world of “The Lion King.”
- Classic Bonus Features (Digital Only) – These offerings from prior home entertainment releases include hours of bonus material, such as bloopers, audio commentary, deleted and alternate scenes, and in-depth journeys into the music, film, story, animals and stage show.
*Bonus features may vary by retailer
Grab a copy of The Lion King on Blu-Ray/DVD!
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that when you click on a link that we recommend and make a purchase, we receive a commission. We appreciate you supporting our small business and family!
I’ve been invited to an all-expenses paid trip to Anaheim. As always, all opinions are my own.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_basic_grid post_type=”post” max_items=”9″ style=”load-more” items_per_page=”12″ gap=”10″ item=”basicGrid_VerticalFlip” grid_id=”vc_gid:1494016595610-e3bb8b9b-d80c-7″ taxonomies=”2705″][/vc_column][/vc_row]
- Director Sam Raimi Brings Horror to the MCU with Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - May 4, 2022
- Everything You Need to Know About Sox the Robot Cat from LIGHTYEAR - April 21, 2022
- Casting the Perfect LIGHTYEAR - April 21, 2022