We're so excited for Incredibles 2 to bust into theaters on June 15, 2018, with America's favorite family of superheroes. We have these fun Mickey-Shaped Incredibles Cake Balls to commemorate the new movie. They're loads of Disney fun, with a Mickey-shaped cake ball and an Incredibles logo, you'll love to share these with the whole family and all of your superhero-loving fans!! Here are the instruction for the Incredibles cake pops without a stick!
Mickey-Shaped Incredibles Cake Balls
Makes 15 cake balls
- 1 box of betty crocker chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 packages of Ghirardelli milk chocolate melting wafers
- 1 container of chocolate frosting
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups powder sugar
- Orange, Golden Yellow, and Red gel food coloring
- 4 piping bags fitted with a Number 2 tip
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- 1 cupcake pan fitted with cupcake liners
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Following the back of the cake box directions, prepare cupcakes as directed.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way and bake for 21 minutes.
- Once baked, place onto a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes for cupcake pan and continue to cool until completely cooled.
- Using a large bowl, remove cupcake liners and place cupcakes into the bowl, about 5 cupcakes at a time.
- Using your hands, crumb up the cupcakes into fine crumbs.
- Mix in 1 1/2 spoonful of frosting until combined.
- Your cupcake mixture should resemble cookie dough texture.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, scoop mixture into your hands and roll into a ball.
- Using 1 package of Ghirardelli chocolate, pair up 2 wafers with each cake ball for the ears.
- Place a wafer into each corner of the cake balls where ears would go.
- Repeat steps with remaining cupcakes and chocolate wafers.
- Place onto cookie sheet fitted with the parchment paper.
- Once done, place in the freezer for overnight.
- Using a double boiler, melt the second bag of milk chocolate wafers.
- Once chocolate is melted, take cake balls out of the freezer.
- Carefully peel off a cake ball off the parchment paper.
- Carefully dip the whole cake ball into the chocolate.
- Very lightly shake off excess chocolate and then place back on the cookie sheet.
- Using a stand mixer, combine egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla, and powder sugar; mix on medium speed until well combined and stiff peaks form, about 6–7 minutes.
- Split the icing into 4 bowls.
- Add a little bit of color to each individual bowl, leaving one white.
- Scoop icing into the individual piping bags.
- Using the golden yellow icing, pipe on the incredible logo onto the center of the cake ball.
- Using the orange, pipe a ring around the “i” emblem.
- Using the white icing, fill in the circle on the letter “i” emblem.
- Using the red icing, pipe a line around the orange to create the fire burst.
- Let dry for 30 minutes before enjoying.
Check out these Incredibles Cookies