A New Year, a New ME
As a mom, wife, homeowner, and entrepreneur, I often find myself solving everyone else’s problems and not focusing on myself. One thing I've learned over the years is that I can’t take care of others if I'm not taking care of myself first. I know that sounds a little selfish, but hear me out. If I'm not healthy and happy, no one gets cared for. We all know that moms and wives that are healthier and more relaxed are happy and fulfilled—I know I'm a better parent, partner, creative, and friend when I'm healthy and relaxed. It may seem selfish to focus on me, but the truth is that by taking care of myself, I will make everyone around me happier, too. Ever hear the phrase “Being selfish to be selfless” or “Happy wife, happy life?” It's true. I make it a point to get a massage once a month to work out the stress I've built up from travel and work. It's the best hour of the month, and it's how I take care of ME. I plan to continue that into 2016 so my family and friends get the best of ME.
This New Year's, make a resolution to take care of yourself first. It’s all about how to #CelebrateME for the greater good of yourself and the ones you love. How do YOU plan to be selfish this year and take care of you first throughout the year?
I'm not one to make resolutions per se, but you can take a step toward bettering yourself. Here are some potential New Year’s Resolutions that fall inline with this way of “Being selfish to be selfless” thinking:
- Just say “no.” Stop saying “yes” so often and overbooking yourself, which can stress you out. Learn to say “no” when you have too much on your plate.
- Actually take a lunch. Don't work through lunchtime or schedule meetings during lunch. Get out and take a walk. Eat away from your desk. You'll feel refreshed and have a clear mind. Whether you work from home or in an office, you can find a way to make this one apply. Essentially, take a break and get a clear perspective.
- Take time for you. Whether it's getting a massage, having a day at the spa, getting your nails done, going for a night out with friends, learning a new skill you've always wanted to learn, take the opportunity to spend some time on you.
- Finances have you stressed out? Create a budget to get a handle on those finances. You'll be amazed at how much less stressed you are when you have a handle on the finances.
- Smell the roses. Take a step back and find time to enjoy the little things in life. Embrace the things that you enjoy in life, be it a latte or a blooming flower.
What would you add to the list? Learn more how to #CelebrateME at Domain.ME, they offer an amazing way to create a unique persona online with domain names ending in .ME.