Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and other holiday shopping can be busy and stressful. This year, I enjoyed a fun local holiday shopping experience at Ladies Day Out in Portland, OR, on December 14 with my 8-year-old daughter. Held at the Doubletree Lloyd Center, the day was filled with local shopping, food carts, pampering, and entertainment. One-hundred percent of proceeds from this fashion and fundraising event benefit Impact NW.
The $5 admission gets you in the door to:
- Bid at the silent auction to benefit Impact NW
- Watch Breakfast at Tiffany’s presented by the Portland Film Festival
- Enjoy the TV vs. Radio Ping Pong Tournament
- Get pampered in the VIP Beauty Lounge
- Shop with over 50 local vendors
- Sample products and treats all day
- Enter to win prizes in the giveaway
- Sip on signature Holiday-themed cocktails, ales, and wines
- Watch a taping of “Cart and Soul,” Portland’s tastiest new reality show
- Check out the latest fashion in two fashion shows
- Listen to live music by artists such as John Ross and Megan Diana
My daughter spotted Portland Nutz the moment we walked in the door. She selected some for us to bring home and some to give to her grandmother for Christmas. They were delicious!
My daughter also loved being able to have a Mommy & Me day without her little sisters. We both received pampering at the Bliss Beauty Lounge—I had a mini-facial, and she had her hair straightened and then styled. While we got dolled up, we were also able to watch the Fashion Show and then the Ping Pong Tournament.
As a winer and foodie, I loved being able to sample unique spirits and new wines. I was able to do both at Ladies Day Out. Dry Fly Distilling and EastSide Distilling had some wonderful local spirits to sample (I've since both bottles of whisky from both companies), and after tasting some of the wines from Phelps Creek Vineyard I'm looking forward to visiting their tasting room in Hood River, OR.
Besides the nuts, we picked up a few random gifts for people. We also picked out treasures for ourselves. I brought home a fun wine-themed hoodie from Tees Me, and the little selected a cute handmade skirt from Tati and Me (Clothing for the Spirited Girl).
We're looking forward to next year's Ladies Day Out!
For more information about Ladies Day Out—Holiday Edition or to purchase tickets for future events, please visit the event website.
I received two tickets to Ladies Day Out to give my honest review and opinions of the event. All opinions are my own.