Where are my campers? Do you love to “sleep around?” Do your kids ask you, “RV there yet?” Are you always “ready to roll?” I could go on, but one thing we RV lovers have in common is that we all love easy DIY camper decor. We have an adorable Easy to make RV Accessories – DIY Camper Sign made with Cricut for you to add to your list of RV accessories that you can make at home to accessories your home away from home.
Made with the Cricut Maker, Cricut-available fonts & art, a pre-made wooden frame, and your choice of vinyl color, you can have a super easy DIY wooden sign for your camper, made with Cricut in about 20 minutes.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cricut. All opinions are 100% mine. This post contains affiliate links.
Easy to make RV Accessories are great for travel wall decor
When we take our camper out, we love being able to accessorize. Sometimes it's a little sign out front and sometimes it's custom signs inside the RV to make our home-away-from-home feel more special. Either way, being able to add a personal touch with custom RV accessories when we travel makes RV travel and camping that much more fun!
Easy to make RV Accessories – DIY Camper Sign made with Cricut – “This Is How We Roll”
Supplies for your Easy to make RV Accessories – DIY Camper Sign
- Cricut Vinyl (permanent)
- Cricut Self-Healing Mat
- Cricut Maker 3
- Cricut Transfer Tape
- Basic Tool Set (Weeder, Scraper, Scissors)
- Wooden Sign (4.5″ square, found at the local craft store)
Directions for your Easy to make RV Accessories – DIY Camper Sign
- Ready your art file in Cricut Design Space. The “This Is How We Roll” file I created is available for download.
- Apply your Cricut Vinyl (permanent) to the Cricut Self-Healing Mat; use the Scissors in the Basic Tool Set if you need to trim your piece of vinyl before adhering it to the Self-Healing Mat.
- Load the mat into the Cricut Maker 3.
- Follow the directions in the Cricut Design Space to cut the file.
- Remove the negative Cricut Vinyl (permanent) pieces, leaving only the desired cut image on the liner (this process is known as weeding). Using the weeder (found in the Basic Tool Set can make this process faster and less tedious). Personally, I also love the Cricut BrightPad to make this process even easier.
- Apply Cricut Vinyl (permanent) following directions on the packaging with Cricut Transfer Tape.
- Gently place the Cricut Transfer Tape (adhesive side down) over your cut design, starting in the center and moving out toward the edges. Use the Scraper found in the Basic Tool Set to burnish (rub or polish) the Cricut Transfer Tape onto the vinyl. Peel the vinyl away from the liner at a 45-degree angle.
- To apply the vinyl decal to the sign, carefully place the Cricut Transfer Tape with vinyl decal onto the sign as you would like it to appear. Burnish the Cricut Transfer Tape onto the surface, starting in the center, moving out toward the edges. Use the Scraper tool to smooth.
- Peel the Cricut Transfer Tape away from the vinyl at a 45-degree angle. If the vinyl sticks to the Cricut Transfer Tape, simply burnish the Cricut Transfer Tape onto the vinyl with the Scraper and peel away again.
- Enjoy your masterpiece RV accessory!
Do you have a favorite travel or RV accessory? Share in the comments below!
- Peach Pineapple Sparkler Cocktail - June 29, 2022
- THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER's Chris Hemsworth on his North Star - June 27, 2022
- “Carolina” by Taylor Swift WHERE THE CRAWDADS SING - June 27, 2022