There is little doubt the passing of the musical genius formerly known as Price has rocked so many of his fans (me included). April 21st, 2016, was quite the blow (understatement), and I will probably mark for years to come (at least on my calendar) “All day Prince day.” Why not? And to honor his royal badness I am presenting a cocktail original, much like the artist himself. Introducing The Sexy MF. Admit it; you love saying it don't you?
So, imagine going out for a drink and you are feeling a wee bit nostalgic for The Purple One. So you belly up to the bar, and very confidently ask, “Yes, may I have a Sexy M#*@%# F%$er, please?” The bartender's eyes will light up, and you smile, because that's the way Prince's music always made you feel: a bit risque, a bit naughty, and a whole lot of happy. Cheers!
This post contains affiliate links.
The Sexy MF
- 3 ounces Veuve Clicquot champagne
- 1/2 ounce Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur
- 1/2 ounce Crème de Cassis
- Champagne flute
- Crushed Ice
- Purple Flower for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker add Chambord Black Raspberry liqueur, Crème de Cassis, and top with a bit of crushed ice [if you are allergic to Cassis like me or just want to sub it out, replace the Cassis with more Chambord].
- Secure the lid of the cocktail shaker tightly and shake it like Prince‘s song Tambourine for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled champagne flute with a few tablespoons of crushed ice and top with Veuve Clicquot champagne.
- Garnish with a small lavender-colored flower.
Drink responsibly, and never drink and drive.
- PAW Patrol: The Movie Best Quotes - September 23, 2021
- INTERVIEW: Amy Landecker, Mark Banker & Todd Grimes - September 23, 2021
- Dear Evan Hansen Best Quotes - September 22, 2021