My kids love to help me in the kitchen. They are forever asking to measure, stir, and sprinkle whatever ingredients they can as I’m cooking, and I’m happy to let them help. While they aren’t big enough to cook on their own yet, it’s great that they want to be a part of our family’s meal-making adventures. It will also help them develop valuable life skills for when they grow older. No one wants to be that 20-something that doesn’t know how to scramble an egg.
The Wisest Kid has some great suggestion on the Campbell’s Kitchen website—tasty and easy-to-make recipes for kids’ picky palates. For my last month as a Wisest Kid Ambassador, my kids chose to make the Mini Macaroni & Cheese Cups. Everyone loves mac and cheese in my family, so we thought we’d try this easy and fun recipe. This classic comfort food is baked in muffin cups, so everyone gets their own perfect portion of mac and cheese goodness.
My three girls all wanted to help prep the mac and cheese cups. This recipe is very easy for kids to help make. That’s one of the things I love about the recipes on Campbell’s Kitchen website—they are quick, easy, and family-friendly. The girls took turns prepping the muffin pan, stirring the cheese mixture, and mixing the cheese mixture with the rotini. Thirty minutes later we were ready to dine on delectable mac and cheese cups served with their favorite vegetable—broccoli!
What You'll Need
- Vegetable cooking spray (we used olive oil instead)
- 3 tablespoons plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups rotini or medium shell-shaped pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
How to Make It
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Spray 8 (2 1/2-inch) muffin-pan cups with the cooking spray and lightly coat with 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs. Stir the remaining breadcrumbs and the butter in a small bowl.
- Stir the soup, milk, black pepper, rotini and 3/4 of the cheese in a medium bowl. Spoon about 1/3 cup rotini mixture into each muffin-pan cup. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the rotini mixture is hot and bubbling. Let stand for 10 minutes before removing the minis from the pan.
Latest posts by Jana (see all)
- Six Tips for Making Your Older Dog Healthy and Comfortable - August 5, 2020
- Easy Solution for Dead Car Battery on a Road Trip - August 4, 2020
- Work-from-Home Must-Haves - July 30, 2020