Mmmmm pecan pie. It's one of my favorites but I hate that it's made with corn syrup. I mean, unless it's high fructose corn syrup, it doesn't get much worse for you. So I've created a recipe that doesn't require corn syrup…and it's delish! That could be the bourbon that I add, but it's probably just the lack of corn syrup.
The best part about this recipe is that you can easily make substitutions and adjustments and not really mess it up.
Enjoy the recipe and let me know how you like it!
Bourbon Pecan Pie (without corn syrup)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon bourbon (I used Maker's Mark)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- One 9-inch pie crust, unbaked
- 1 cup pecan halves
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mix the light brown sugar, coconut palm sugar, and eggs until well blended, eliminating any lumps of brown sugar. Add the melted butter and stir well. Add bourbon, chopped pecans, flour, and vanilla and stir until combined.
Pour the mixture into the pie shell. Lay the pecan halves on top of the pie in a circular pattern or other pattern of your choice.
Bake the pie (uncovered) for 50 minutes. Gently shake pan to make sure the pie is firm and not too jiggly. If still jiggly, cook for an additional 5 minutes. The pie should be firm with only a little jiggle in the center and will set more as it cools down.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and Maker's Mark on the rocks.
*To make jar pies instead of a 9” pie, prepare crust and filling as you would for the 9” pie, but trim smaller circles to put in the bottom of your mason jars. I used a biscuit cutter that made the perfect size crust bottom for my mason jars. I also used a pre-made crust from the grocery store but you can use any crust you choose.
Latest posts by Jana (see all)
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless Earbud Headphones - January 16, 2019
- Total Tech Support Powered by Geek Squad - January 16, 2019
- Check out the Best Buy Open House Event in 17 stores across the U.S. on January 19, 2019 - January 15, 2019