Thanks to Cricut for sponsoring this project. As always, all opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links.
We love our Cricut Explore Air and the EasyPress. I couldn't imagine not having the EasyPress. It was such a game changer for making t-shirts! But move over EasyPress because the new Cricut EasyPress 2 has come to town! The Cricut EasyPress 2 delivers fast, foolproof iron-on results that stick, wash after wash in 60 seconds or less. It literally doesn't get easier than this.
I love that the new Cricut EasyPress 2 supports a broader range of materials and sizes of iron-on projects with higher temperature settings (up to 400 degrees F), faster heat-up times (up to 25% faster), and a thicker heat plate design for more uniform heating for long-lasting results. It makes my DIY projects easier and faster, which means more fun and more projects and I create in a less time.
The Cricut EasyPress 2 comes in three sizes for a variety of projects: 6”x7”, think Onesies, baby bibs, cosmetic bags; the original 9”x9”, think T-shirts and tote bags; and 10”x12”, think BIG like blankets, banners, and decor.
In our home, we're big encouragers of outdoor activities. My oldest twin is a ski racer, following in her daddy's footsteps (skiboots?). We created this DIY “I'd Rather Be Skiing” Shirt to make with a Cricut and iron-on vinyl. With the new Cricut EasyPress 2 and our Cricut Explore Air, this project took less than an hour, start to finish, including designing the artwork.
DIY I'd Rather Be Skiing Shirt
- Cricut SportFlex Iron-On
- Cricut Cutting Mat
- Cricut Explore Air
- Cricut EasyPress 2
- Cricut EasyPress Mat
- Create your art file in Cricut Design Space. The DIY I'd Rather Be Skiing t-shirt file I created is available for use in my Cricut Design Space projects here.
- Apply your Cricut SportFlex Iron-On to the Cricut Cutting Mat. Load the mat into the Cricut Explore Air.
- Follow the directions in the Cricut Design Space to cut the file. (Make note to mirror the image because it's an iron-on.)
- Remove negative Cricut iron-on pieces, leaving only the desired cut image on the liner (this process is known as weeding). Using the weeder (found in the Cricut Tool Kit can make this process faster and less tedious). Personally, I love the Cricut BrightPad to make this process even easier.
- Apply Cricut SportFlex Iron-On following directions on the packaging using your Cricut EasyPress 2 Mat and Cricut EasyPress 2. (Note that each iron-on product varies a little in its instructions). The recommended settings for the EasyPress 2 can be found here.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
- Dear Evan Hansen Movie Review – And Why it Doesn't Matter What the Critics Think - September 25, 2021
- PAW Patrol: The Movie Best Quotes - September 23, 2021
- INTERVIEW: Amy Landecker, Mark Banker & Todd Grimes - September 23, 2021